Gift of Stock

Making a gift to Changed Choices via stock, or other securities (such as bonds or mutual funds), allows you to have an immediate impact on the lives of women impacted by incarceration.

The total value of your gift is tax-deductible as long as it has been held for at least one year.  There is no obligation to pay any capital gains tax on the appreciated value.  And, your gift is fully deductible as of the date it arrives in our account.


Yes, if your stock is held in a brokerage account, you can transfer your gift electronically. Please contact Gail Clark at and she can give you the information necessary for this transfer.
Yes, when your stock is transferred to our account, we do not receive any information that identifies you as the donor.  Please notify us at or 704-332-6388 when you transfer stock and provide the following information:
  • Name of the stock
  • Number of shares
  • Your name and address

Our tax id number is 20-1714187

Please email Gail Clark, Director of Finance, at or call 704-332-6388